This recipe is a twist on an Asian classic that includes your wild game. There’s no better way to eat that hog that’s been tearing up your land.
The BBQ Ninja has been smoking and grilling wild game for 25 years. From wild boar recipes to braised rabbit, he’s got recipes for every (legal) wild animal you may have. He owns and operates Royal Oak Charcoal, so you know his food is cooked right.
Follow along and look for more recipes that feature The BBQ Ninja.
STICKY ASIAN WILD BOAR BELLY TACOS WITH GINGER-PEANUT SLAW
- 1 lb. wild boar belly cubed
- 1 tbsp of Killer Hogs hot rub
- 2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 cup Martha White Buttermilk Cornmeal
- 1 cup Kosmo Q Sticky Asian rib glaze
- Flour tortillas
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp prepared ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 cups prepared shredded slaw w carrots
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesames
- Cut the wild boar belly into bite size cubes and rub with KH Hot.
- Put a quick sear on the belly bites over Royal Oak charcoal.
- Batter bites with flour and cornmeal and fry at 350 degrees for only 3-5 minutes.
- Toss fried bites in Kosmo Q Sticky Asian Rib Glaze to coat.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and pour into the shredded slaw and let set for 15-20 minutes.
- Warm tortillas, add bites and slaw. Top with cilantro and toasted sesames.