Chef Jean Paul Bourgeois
It's hard to beat a good venison chili. Have you tried cooking chili over fire? Here's a recipe and an experience you won't want to miss from the Duck Camp Dinners crew.
- 2lbs ground venison
- 1 lb of bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion , small diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 3 cups of stock
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of creole tomato, green onion blend from Chef Jean-Paul X Spiceology
- 4 ounces Makers Mark Bourbon
- Salt and pepper
- In a black iron pan, render bacon until it gets crisp.
- Add ground venison, onion, garlic, and green onion. Cook ingredients together until meat is brown.
- Add creole tomato and green onion blend and stir into the meat mixture over medium heat until thoroughly incorporated. Cook for 5 minutes to “toast” the spice blend.
- Add Makers Mark bourbon and cook until the fire (alcohol) burns out.
- Add stock and tomato sauce.
- Bring chili to boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, grilled tortillas, avocado and sour cream.