Being a Wisconsinite, I had to pay homage to my roots with this recipe. For everyone who hasn't had a classic Wisconsin Brat, here is a recipe and cooking walk through on how to make a perfect beer braised brat and toppings with the Gamekeeper Butchery Classic Venison Sausage.
- 1 Package of Classic Venison Sausages
- 3 32 oz Miller High Lifes
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, sliced
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Take the 3 Miller High Lifes and place them in a pot on High.
- Place the sausages and sliced onion into the pot and bring the beer to a boil.
- When the beer is boiling, bring the temperature down to low and let the brats simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the brats and let the onions continue to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Take the sausages and place on the grill and let them get good grill marks and remove them. (Roughly 4 minutes as side.)
- Finally, take some room temperature butter and butter the inside of the brat bun and then top the brat with sauerkraut, mustard, and the beer braised onions and enjoy!