Venison Recipes - Guacamole & Cheddar Wild Game Burger
By: Jeremiah Doughty - From Field to Plate
Wild game burgers just have a flavor that can’t be beat. You can use any ground meat you have for this recipe, but it’s much more rewarding to build this burger from an animal you harvest, wild!
2 pounds ground wild game meat
2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Worcestershire
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/2 Tbsp cracked pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp seal salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 fresh avocados, seeded and scooped
1 tomato, chopped
1 Tbsp onion, minced
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
Thick cheddar cheese
- In large glass bowl, mix game meat along with all other ingredients
- Take a baseball-size handful of meat mixture and roll into ball. On a piece of parchment paper, toss ball down, press down ball and with other hand follow along the sides for a perfect patty. Continue this until all patties have been formed. Place all patties in fridge for 30 minutes before cooking. THIS IS KEY.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place the burgers on the grill and don’t touch! Once they’ve cooked for 5 minutes flip once...ONCE.
- Add cheese at this time and allow to cook additional 5 minutes.
- Remove and let rest 1-2 minutes.
- Making the Gauc is easy; take avocado and all remaining ingredients and mix until its chunky or smooth, however you like your guacamole.
- Now comes to building the burger. Mayo up that top and bottom bun, place the lettuce on the bottom bun, followed by the burger, tomatoes, guac and finish with top bun. Feel free to add any of your favorites to this burger and make it your own.