By: Jeremiah Doughty
2 Ducks, Smoked
1 orange, juiced
1/4 soy sauce
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cilantro, minced
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 red onion minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1. In shallow bowl mix all ingredients
2. Remove spine from ducks and spatchcock, coat each duck in marinade and lay breast side down. Marinade for 1-2 hours.
3. Preheat smoker to 180-220 degrees with a milk wood like apple, cherry or oak.
4. Smoke ducks breast side up until internal temp in breast is 135-140
5. Remove from smoker and let rest
6. When cooled slice off meat and top with your favorite toppings.
1 lb tomatillos
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup cilantro
1.5 Tbsp lime juice
2 jalapeÒos, fire roasted and chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Remove husks from tomatillos and rinse well, get all the sticky off
2. There are three methods for cooking.
1. Grilling : cut in half and grill 5-7 minutes until skin is starting to blacken
2. Boiling: boil 5-8 minutes remove and let strain and drain
3. Oven roasted: cut in half and broil for 5-7 minutes until skin is blacked
3. Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until finely chopped and mixed. Donít over mix.
4. Salt and pepper to taste, chill and serve.